Changes around out of stock runes
Oke! As everyone knows is that it is very very very very hard to get certain runes because of hoarders and whatnot. Now poxbox as main trade side has come with a (a in the beginning a very strict) method that will make people think what runes they want to get out of the store if they don't trade IN out of stock runes themselves. I believe these new rules will shake up the market and will let the market really reflect what is wanted and what is not. These rules also give me really good insight in who is trying to manipulate prices. So how does it work?
- Some runes (the ones in the cash store) are marked as Out Of Stock(OOS) runes.
Each week every VIP player is allowed to take OUT 1 OOS rune. You will see your allowance in the trade.
- For each OOS rune you trade IN you gain +1 allowance for a week.(This is to prevent people from stacking)
- OOS runes are marked manually, if a rune is out of stock it doesn't automatically qualify for OOS credit. This is to prevent abuse of the system. Runes qualified for OOS credits are marked by a * in the name.
- ABUSING/ MULTIACCOUNTING/ YOUKNOWWHAT results in permanent ban's without warnings.
- Allowances will flex up if I see that it works.
- I am releasing runes from the cash store to stock up on some OOS runes
If as VIP you feel tricked, I can only imagine, you paid an amount of money to have benefits. The benefits you were promised from the start you still have: 5% more credits on in trades, no limit on CUR runes and more of the same runes in single trades. Now as we all noticed is that certain runes are very hard to get and VIP's might argue that it is their 'right' to have first access. This is possible if the economy is completely stable and it just isnt. About 15-20% of all trades is made by VIP's, they usually scout out the trader grabbing most of the good runes(and often just sitting on them). Problem is that in time more and more VIP's came while the 'general' population went down, meaning giving too much advantages to a big group of users will destroy the trader/store. And for OOS runes to be there they must be traded and rotation must happen so all those big collections move around players. If (not the real number) lets say there are 50 VIP's and they all want their 1 allowance a week then the store must make 50 OOS runes 'profit' a week to cover for it and as everyone can see, that is not really the case here.... so my conclusion is: for the time being VIP's won't get a free allowance each week to help the store and the entire community to get access to runes again.
I discussed this with a few VIP's and heard many arguments but yet this is my decision. Probably gonna cost me business but it is for the best!